Meeting minutes- August 8,2022

  1. Call to order at 7pm
  2. Attendance: Jessica and Michael Emery, Allyson Baughman, Kristi Miller, Jodi Lapham, Mary Owen, Adam Calderon, Jeremy Neal, Earl Bainbridge, Lindsey Anderson, Brenda Whaley, Marian Baxter, Russell Baxter, Shirley Vogel, Kim and Tracy Stringfellow.
  3. Previous meetings’ minutes posted to website.
  4. Treasurer’s report-
    1. Checking- $27,449.73
    2. Savings- $4,604.45
    3. Venmo- $3,159.01 will be transferred to our account this week.
    4. Petty cash- $100. 00
    5. Several sponsorship, membership, and picture cash/checks will be deposited this week and reported at next meeting.
  5. Old Business
    1. Merchandise- We hope to have hats and t-shirts in the trailer by Meet the Dog. The merchandise trailer is set up at the stadium.  Volunteers will be cleaning it on Friday at 6pm to prepare for Saturday.  Double B jibbitz for crocs have been ordered and should be here by the first game.  Design was approved by those present for the JV game day t-shirts.
    2. Home game programs-
      1. Parent ads are wrapping up. We will have a proof from the printer by August 15th.
    3. Bleacher Creatures-
      1. Forms in merchandise trailer
      2. T-shirts on hand
    4. Meet the Dog- Aug. 13th
      1. Food- Cooking team will have food ready by 630-7pm. Order will be placed on Wednesday with SAMs. Cost of food is $1,729.17. Shirley Vogel will be picking up on Saturday and delivering to the concession stand.
      2. Agenda has been finalized. All groups are confirmed.
      3. volunteers should be at the field between6-615pm. NHS students will help hand out food. Parent volunteers will be needed to handout tickets at the games and serve food to the players in the weight room.
    1. Gator maintenance done 8/5.
    2. Varsity leadership retreat to Ft Sill
      1. Date- September 26th suggested with 0800 departure and return prior to 8th period.
      2. Dr Owen and Mr. Nolan support the event. Awaiting confirmation from Coach Boyd to finalize plans with Ft Sill leadership.
    3. Locker room magnets- ordered
    4. JV game day t-shirt design selected. We will update Sign On once t-shirt #s and sizes have been determined.
  1. New Business
    1. Friendship Festival- October 1. $50 for booth with electricity. Everyone agreed we should set up the trailer for this event.  Shirley will fill out the form and get it to the city.
  2. Open Discussion
    1. Jeff at the Informer Star asked about head shots for the sports insert that will run on August 25th. Allison will provide the file to Jeff by August 15th.
  3. Coach’s report- Coach Stringfellow
    1. Work outs have been going well. We are seeing improvement daily.  Great energy on the field.  Players just now showing up have some ground to cover to get up to speed with those who have been coming all summer, which is going to take commitment on their part.
    2. Scrimmage on Saturday helped identify strengths and opportunities.
    3. Thursday scrimmage against Graham is at home with JV at 5pm and Varsity starting around 6:30pm.
  4. Next booster club meeting- August 16 at 7pm at the field house due to a senior parent meeting on August 15th. We will ask Coach Boyd to secure the cafeteria if possible so we have adequate seating for the next meeting.
  5. Adjourned at 8pm.