Meeting Minutes- November 14,2022

  1. Call to order at 6:30pm
  2. Attendance: Kim and Tracy Stringfellow, Jodi Lapham, Dominic and April Maldonado, Chrissi Kirkland, Adam Calderon, Allyson Baughman, Shirley Vogel, Brad and Leslie Boyd, Mary and Tim Owen.
  3. Previous meetings’ minutes posted to website.
  4. Treasurer’s report-
    1. Checking- no report- banking system down
    2. Savings- no report- banking system down
    3. Venmo- $38 to transfer
    4. Petty cash-$150
  5. Old Business
    1. Merchandise- 160 district t shirts were sold. With a $5 profit per t-shirt, we will owe only $220 for the players/coaches t-shirts.  Invoice will be paid this week to Sign On.  Trailer will need to be closed out for the season and inventory levels recorded.
  6. New Business
    1. Christmas parade- December 10th. Line up at 5pm. Parade at 6pm. We will discuss further at our Dec 5th  5 trailers and lights will be needed.   Kim will order candy for the players to throw and will make hot chocolate for the players before the parade.
    2. Banquet- January 11@7pm @Overton Ray.
      1. Food- Earl is checking with Lee on preparing the food.
      2. Senior gifts- those present agreed that the custom footballs are favored for player gifts. They will also get jump drives with the highlight video and senior spotlight along with a memory book.
      3. Highlight film- Coach Boyd will ask Coach Grimes to put one together. Coach String will work on the senior video.
    3. 2023 officers nominations were discussed. Current president is Earl in his first term.  The vice president seat will be vacated by Kim. Allison is in her second term as treasurer.  Shirley will be vacating her treasurer seat.   Some nominations were presented at this meeting.  Nominations will be accepted up to the December 5th meeting at which times voting members will decide on the officers for 2023.  Several members where open to considering different positions depending on where the need is.  Mary Owen, Amanda Lovelace, Jodi Lapham, and April Maldonado voiced interest.
    4. Spike request
      1. Unified Turkey Bowl on November 18th- Mike Strickland is the point of contact. Request was presented by Kasey Major. The Spike Dad Crew will be available to set up and tear down for the event.  Kasey was notified and will share the logistics with Adam.
  7. Open Discussion
    1. Coach Boyd would like a framed team picture with a banner on it for Bi-District Playoff contenders to put on the wall. Kim will order.
  8. Coach’s report
    1. Proud of the effort put forth this season. Making it to district play offs was a goal.  Will be meeting with the underclassmen this week to discuss goals for next year.  Moving into off season now.
  9. Next booster club meeting- December 5th at 6:30pm at the field house.
  10. Adjourned at 7:00pm.