Meeting Minutes- August 17,2020

  1. Call to order at 7:00 pm
  2. Attendance verified: Jaclyn and Jason Meng, Kim and Tracy Stringfellow, Judy Duke, Tonia Boyette, Rusty Blanton, Shirley Vogel, Kristi Miller, Craig Die, Sharon Brown, Brian Daino, Allison Bainbridge, Keith McClure.
  3. Previous meetings’ minutes- on the website
  4. Treasurer’s report:   Checking: $13,929.32        Savings- $4,599.48
    1. Income-$4,005.00 (sponsors and dues)
    2. Expenditures- $1,276.25 (pass, punt, kick insurance check)
  5. Old Business
    1. Merchandise-
      1. Cruz’s online store had 25 orders and closed today.  Female shirt had to be returned with only 5 orders and a minimum order of 25 required.  Order also placed for shirt without the 2020 on it for trailer.
      2. Some gators, sleeves and hat are in from Electra store.  Black and camo gators are on back-order so any re-orders will be delayed.
      3. Sign On store is on Booster website.  Clothing, seats, yard signs and spirit flags are in that store. 
    2. Fundraising for the 2020 season-
      1. Corn Hole- Will table for Fall.  We will still sell tickets for a set of corn hole boards.  They will be 1 for $5 or 5 for $20.
      2. Clay Shoot- Date is set for April 10th in spring. 
      3. Kick a Field Goal and win a truck- Check has been mailed.  Needs to be cleared before event.  Contracted event date is set for November 5th.  All parts of event has to be filmed per the contract with 2 observers minimum.  Client and any client family or associate cannot participate.  Ranette was meeting with B & C to design tickets.
      4. Sign and Drive- 3 dates were given to Jeff (Sept. 5 and 12 or Oct. 24).  Jeff is waiting to hear back from Ford. 
    3. Military honor wall update- Jaclyn is in the process of entering all information that is coming in.
    4. Sponsors- Banner replacements x 1 submitted to Sign On.
    5. Programs- Ranette is working with B & C on program book and getting Senior spotlight in order with 17 seniors (16 players and 1 trainer).
    6. Meet the Dog Night- Traditional event was not approved.  Kim investigated option of a parade with the city.  Due to contact limitation, it is not practical currently to have a parade.  Will consider other options to highlight our teams.   
    7. 3rd Creative-
      1. Photographer did an awesome job with pictures and the kids had a great time.  Custom shots were done with each varsity player and all juniors. 
      2. We will have a team picture, senior group picture and an individual shot of each player digitally.  
      3. Sitting fees were $40 for Seniors and $30 for all others.  Brian will work on trying to get a sponsor for all or some of the sitting fees.  If not, parents will pay for the sitting fee if they want the images and will receive a digital copy that they can use as they wish. 
    8. Senior Flags- They have been ordered.  Hope to have by 1st home game.
  6. New Business-
    1. Volunteer review-
      1. Spike is in working order, horn is good.  Waiting on cable for audio.
      2. Coaches lunch is covered this Saturday by Kim.
    2. Sign up link was posted on Facebook and will be sent via SportsYou for home varsity game day volunteer support.  Help is needed at home games with Spike, spirit flags, and senior flags. 
      1. Away games already have a crew available to help with Spike.    
    3. Equipment Trailer- registration is due in September.  May need to be inspected.  Coach Meng is following up with school facilities dept on how to handle trailer registration.  It will also need cleaned out and storage for old horn and old spike.    
    4. Locker room decorations- Ranette sent out Group Me notification.  Will need to get permission before proceeding per Coach Meng.  He will follow up. 
  7. Open Discussion-
    1. Seniors really enjoys Saturday.  They were very thankful.
    2. Look to get a blower than can inflate and deflate Spike…$350 max.   Motion made by Rusty with a second from Craig to purchase.  Motion carried with no opposition.  
    3. Rusty is donating hooks to mount in the storage garage for the spirit and senior flags so they aren’t leaning up against the wall. 
    4. Suggestion made to find or make a rack for the side of the golf cart to help carry flags and avoid scratching hood/decals on the golf cart.  Brian will investigate. 
  8. Coach Meng’s report-
    1. Weather caused practice to be modified and cut short.  Lifted weights and went out for warm up.  Had more time to meet with position groups inside.  
    2. Freshman scrimmage has been moved to Graham at 4:30pm on Thursday.
    3. Players can sign out and leave from out of town games with parents only.  If you want them to leave with another parent, you must submit request in writing to Vance Morris by Wednesday to get approval. 
    4. JV scrimmage is on Thursday at 5:30 pm and Varsity scrimmage is at 7:00 pm against Childress.  No tickets required but social distancing and masks are needed. 
    5. Jr. High players were fitted with helmets, talked safety and took care of paperwork. 
    6. First high school games are next week against Aubrey.  Freshman and JV are here on Thursday and Varsity is there.  No information yet about tickets.
  9. Next booster club meeting- Monday, Aug. 24th at 7:00 pm in High School Cafeteria.
  10. Adjourn at 8:00 pm.