Meeting Minutes- August 23, 2022

  1. Call to order at 7pm
  2. Attendance: Kim and Tracy Stringfellow, Michael and Jessica Emery, Jodi Lapham, Chrissi Kirkland, Kristi Miller, Dom and April Maldonado, Jessica Trusty, Allyson Baughman, Earl Bainbridge, Eric and Amanda Lovelace, Adam Calderon, Shirley Vogel, Chris Ploetz.
  3. Previous meetings’ minutes posted to website.
  4. Treasurer’s report-
    1. Checking-$39,136.87. Several deposits pending.
    2. Savings- $4,604.45
    3. Venmo- none pending
    4. Petty cash- $100.00
    5. Expense- payment for program printing- $3,432.70
  5. Old Business
    1. Merchandise- hats should be ready next week. Croc charms have arrived and will be in trailer for $5/ea.
    2. Varsity leadership retreat to Ft Sill
      1. Date- September 26th– 0800 departure and return prior to 8th period. Lunch plans still pending.
    3. Locker room magnets- delivered. Will be distributed this week.
    4. JV game day t-shirts- ordered. T-shirts have not yet arrived. ETA unknown.
    5. Friendship Festival- October 1- 10a-4p. fees paid for booth.
  6. New Business
    1. Game day:
      1. Spike- parent volunteers identified.
      2. Horn- Earl fixed broken valve. Ready to go for Friday night.
      3. Program sales- volunteers identified. NHS volunteer requested from Ms. Baughman to help with programs, 2 teams of 2.
      4. Merchandise trailer- volunteers identified. Will close prior to kick off.
      5. Bleacher creatures- volunteers identified.
      6. Team Dinner- sign ups reviewed. Need additional side dishes and desserts.
      7. Coaches Lunch- A. Maldonado is providing this week.
      8. Locker rooms
        1. JV- sign up has been good. Wednesday night at 5:30pm in the field house to stuff snack bags.
        2. Varsity- sign ups are full. Will put out snacks following team dinner on Thursday night.  Snacks will cover varsity, trainers, and coaches (approx. 65).
  7. Open Discussion-
    1. Discussion to bring back fire extinguishers for smoke during pre-game run out. Shirley will follow up with Fire and Safety in Wichita falls on process and cost.
    2. Group met with Matthew Myers to review current Booster webpage. Changes planned include: updating sponsors, removing forms, updating the “upcoming games” section, removing summer pride and golf information, updating “latest results” and teaching us how to update scores after each game (if too difficult will remove from page), updating pictures using images from Allison and Richard, Updating coaches, removing chairperson names from committee information since it changes frequently, removing all references to PayPal since that account was closed 3 yrs. ago, moving merchandise store from the page and replacing with a link to Sign On directly.  If any additional changes are needed, Matthew will help us with that.  Suggestion made to add an honor page for those players who get recognized for All-State, All-District, Oil Bowl, etc.   Will follow up for next year.
    3. Weekly “themes” were shared. Of note, the theme for this week is beach- Surfing up a Victory.  However, because this is our first game in our new stadium, we will focus on “orange-out”.  Future weeks, the theme for pep rally, etc will carry through to game time.
    4. Varsity photos have been shared with those who purchased digital copies. Of note, this is NOT a fundraiser for the boosters.  Students are only charged for the sitting fee and print release for the images.  Boosters lose money because not every student purchases, but we are still responsible for their sitting fee.  It is a cost we are willing to pay so that every player is in the team photo.  The senior picture is still pending because of 2 seniors who joined late and were not able to get pictures done until 8/20.
    5. Game fly overs by our military was discussed. Further discussion needs on options.
  8. Coach’s report-JV games will be in Bridgeport on Thursday night. Varsity is at home on Friday with an “orange out” theme. Ready to get started.   Helmet sticker ceremony was a success and appreciate all the families who participated.
  9. Next booster club meeting- August 29th at 6:30pm at the field house
  10. Adjourned at 7:30pm.