Meeting Minutes- April 18,2022

  1. Call to order at 7:10pm
  2. Attendance: Kim and Tracy Stringfellow, Allison and Earl Bainbridge, Brad and Leslie Boyd, Adam Calderon, Shirley Vogel, Jodi Lampham.
  3. Previous meetings’ minutes posted to website.


  1. Treasurer’s report-
    1. Checking- $4,603.51
    2. Savings- $22,967.97
    3. Membership- 4 family memberships added tonight- $60.00


  1. Old Business
    1. Merchandise- suggested designs submitted. Kristi will pass along to Keith at Sign On and ask for suggestions from them for the 2022 merchandise trailer.
    2. Spring fundraisers:
      1. Golf- discussed doing a 9-hole evening event under the recommendation of Scott at River Creek.
        1. May 20th appears to be available.
        2. Registration at 5:30pm with tee time of 6:00pm.
        3. Minimum number of teams not required.
        4. Will work on flier to distribute by next Monday.
        5. River Creek will provide food as part of the registration fees.
        6. We will need to work on prizes for top 3 teams, longest drive, and closest to the pin.
        7. Mulligans will also be sold for $10 each.
        8. Hole sponsorships will be requested.
      2. Middle School 7 on 7 tournament was suggested.
        1. June 4th is recommended. Depending on number of participants, could have championship on June 5th.
        2. 10 person teams for $200 for double eliminations.
        3. Incoming 7th, 8th, and 9th
        4. Will ask coaches and high school players to serve as referees.
        5. Will follow Texas 7 on 7 rules.
        6. Length of each game will be determined by number of teams, 2- 20-minute halves or 2–15-minute halves.
        7. Will use main field and field at the track so that 4 teams can be running at the same time.
      3. Oil Bowl ad- pending design. Will submit by May deadline to the Shriners.
      4. Home game programs-
        1. Kristi met with Ranette to get details on the process. Ranette is still working closely with our printer so will be a great resource to help us this year.
      5. Meet the Dog-
        1. Confirmed for Aug. 13th at 7pm. Will discuss in greater detail as we get closer to the date.
      6. 7 on 7 jerseys-
        1. Jerseys ordered through BSN and should arrive in early May. 40 jerseys were (2 sets of 20) were purchased by the Boosters for $1,200.00


  1. New Business
    1. Gator-
      1. Earl investigated maintenance needs. Service should be done at 8 hours and annually.   Costs at Quality Implement is $140.00.  Currently, it has 8.9 hours of run time so Earl will take it within the next month for its initial maintenance.   Likely, we will continue to use QI for ongoing maintenance so ensure it is done timely and with the appropriate oil to meet warranty requirements.


  1. Open Discussion
    1. Bleacher walk pre-game by the players was suggested. Coach Boyd shared that it will be up to the players to decide if they want to do that this year.
    2. Chicken Express and Ace Hardware will need to renew their ads on the score board this year or will need to be replaced. Kristi will follow up as part of the sponsorship process.


  1. Coach’s report
    1. State Qualifying Tournament (SQT) 7 on 7 games for a select group of players are planned for May 21 (Ponder), May 28 (Graham), and June 11 (Selina). Linemen challenges may be held at some of these locations.
    2. Round-robin 7 on 7 games will be planned for players locally.
    3. Coach Grimes is a new defensive coach being added to staff who has several years of coaching experience. Coach Boyd is working to fill one more vacancy.


  1. Next booster club meeting- April 25 at 7pm at the field house to finalize spring fundraising plans.


  1. Adjourn at 8:30pm.